Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 62 - On the ropes

Today
Seem to have plateaued for the time being in terms of how I look and weigh. Fair bit of chubb remains around the midsection and back, so I will be interested to see what the next few weeks do progress-wise. I think I got spoiled by having such great mid-program results...


Wonder if these are acceptable in the diet? I mean look at the glow in those kids' cheeks... full of pep and vigor!




Workout
  1. Jumprope: Tried out the new rope... not quite the improvement I was hoping for. Not bad, but the kinks haven't been worked out of the plastic rope yet so its a bit bunched. Still hopeful!
  2. Pull-ups/Incline Pull-ups: kind of slow getting on these today. Only managed 4 of the pullups and the rest, feebly as inclines.
  3. Rowing: Actually felt this between my shoulder blades for the first time!
  4. Pull-down: Always feels like these make their way into my triceps and shoulders which leads to...
  5. Elevated Triceps Dip: shoulder fatigue weighing me down on these which is weird. Wonder if I'm just generally out of sorts today. So-so, whereas I am usually all over these, even if they are very difficult at the end.
  6. Ski Jumper: these are not quite as tough, but form is key... a little awkward but can definitely feel them
  7. Triceps Extension: likewise
  8. Kung-fu Sit-ups: I actually find just hanging there for the duration the hardest part. My hands are bright red and white from gripping the bars.
  9. Sit-ups: I think 8MA is making a champ out of me in this department!
  10. 8MA: these will never hurt you... but the addition of the leg lifts for side crunches certainly does. In a good way.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the 8MA are making the ab part of the workout easy. I add an extra set or two. (Am I an addict?)

    Keep plugging away and you will shift of the plateau soon enough. The body is a weird thing.

    ReplyDelete