Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 61 - The riddle of the rope

Today
Kind of a lazy day... Evidently was more tired from yesterday than I appreciated. But made a great big batch of salsa for the week again. Planning on making a small batch of guacamole in the morning!


Workout
  1. Jumprope: Skipped out in the garage again and followed Kim's advice of not counting the skips. Just singing along with the workout mix... Don't know if that was it or not, but my first set was almost flawless. Was able to skip, trip free, for 03:57. Yep, tripped up with 3 seconds left! The remaining three sets were not as great, but not quite as bad as usual. However, I have noticed something that increased my suspicion of the rope: every single time I trip up the rope is caught at the front right of my right foot. The left portion of the rope having already cleared my left foot. So between that, and having noticed early this week that the bearings were resulting in an asymmetric rotation in each hand (which was winding the rope into a spiral when I stopped), it feels pretty clear that the left side of the rope is moving faster and more freely than the right side. Further to that, because the bearings are open to the elements, I suspect that some dirt or possibly sand from our trip to San Diego made its way in and fouled up the works. So, we went out and picked up a new rope for me to try out tomorrow. This could be entirely psychotic, self-delusional, and symptomatic of a PCP fevered mind, but I have high hopes I may actually be able to get out of the rope rut if this is indeed the issue!
  2. Chest Dips: these felt like they went very well! Could actually feel them a bit in my chest, and not at all in my triceps or shoulders. First time, and it was goooood.
  3. Push-ups: Perhaps its the new number of sets/reps but these have been particularly difficult lately. By the third set I am really getting winded and the last reps of the last two sets are extremely difficult. Very bizarre that I am feeling these again in my shoulders more than I would have expected.
  4. Standing Ovation: dig these... can really feel a good burn, but its sometimes a bit asymmetric feeling. Still getting a good feel from really squeezing at the end of each motion.
  5. Thumbs up curls: Really solid all the way through. Note to self: time to up the resistance!
  6. Outside Curls: Less awkward than last time. Much more clean.
  7. Show-off: By the time I get to these, my biceps are shot! Just brutal!
  8. Bicycle: Awful. Terrible. Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Harrowing. Unpleasant. Grim. Lousy. Vile. Hellish. Heinous. Contemptible. And that only just begins to describe the latter three sets. Legs just drop to the ground... After the first set I am just useless at these. Did I already say useless? Add it to the list.
  9. Plank: Phew... these are extremely difficult after the first two sets... by the last ones my whole body is shaking like crazy.
  10. 8MA: yee haw... really enjoy ending the workout with these. Kim mentioned that it seemed like these were flying by now and I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment