Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 34 - Morning workouts are officially more difficult

Today
Back on the morning routine and I think its fair to say that while I have no intention of quitting the morning workouts, they are without a doubt far more difficult in almost every respect than the afternoon or evening workouts. I'm far less energetic in the morning and far less limber. It shows in the skips especially. Still, more flexible than I've been in quite a while...


Workout
As mentioned, not a ton of energy at first, so the jumps suffered... Still, feeling strong overall. Left shoulder issue feels like it is definitely on the mend.

  1. Jumprope: Meh. I did manage 263 in one go and most of the routine was made up of 100 and 150 jumps again but I wasn't able to get 200 in a go again. As before, it doesn't feel quite so much that my energy is what is holding me back from longer clean sets but my skills (or lack thereof). And I appear to trip quite a bit more in the morning than in afternoon sessions.
  2. Floorjump: Freakin' a. So I went a little higher in the jumps based on my notes from the last floorjumps and it definitely worked. Total jelly leg by the time I was done.
  3. Curls: Nice and slow... almost more of a steady burn in the last two sets than the searing heat of some of the other workouts.
  4. One-arm Curls: Definitely hits harder following on the heels of the previous curl session.
  5. Elevated Triceps Dip: Did this nice and slow all the way through... still, the real bur didn't come on until the last few reps
  6. Double Katana: Maybe the late burn on the last was OK because it certainly made these that much more difficult all the way through
  7. Leg-ups: quite hard as always... but as before the burn appears to plateau in the third set and just stay through the end. Not getting more difficult but just a sustained difficulty.
  8. Plank: Very weird. As before the last 10 seconds of each set are quite hard. And again, I am catching myself holding my breath unconsciously so that is certainly not helping.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Richard. Happy 4th of July to you. I hear you on the workout time and find afternoon workouts much more "fun". It's too cold in the mornings and we also need to take care of the kids. My exercises and skipping results are just about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning workouts will burn more fat if it makes you feel any better! Breathe nice and slow during those planks man!

    ReplyDelete