Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 46 - Keep on keepin' on

Today
It was sweltering out today... The morning bike ride to the farmers' market had me drenched in sweat to and fro and below. Subsequent lawn mowing had me wondering if I shouldn't bare chest it... but I don't think I am quite to the point where it wouldn't offend half the neighborhood. I also need to be careful with my newfound lawnmower starting strength lest I snap the starting cord. I don't know what was possessing me, but I yanked the hell out of that thing. Lawnmower workout flashbacks...


I did experience that weird rubbing alcohol smell again after my ride back... And again, very briefly when working out.


Workout

  1. Jumprope: OK, past week of wingeing and low energy seem to have evaporated, or perhaps because I slept in a bit more... whatever the reason, skips were actually not deplorable. Couple of trip ups as usual, especially in the second to last set, but generally speaking seemed to average about 200+ per 2 minute set. And if I thought I had tripped too much I just tacked on another 30 seconds or so to make up. Not too shabby.
  2. Pistol Squat: As before, I feel like I am overly reliant on the support, 
  3. Squat: Wobbly afterwards, but not as bad as with the lunges
  4. Chest Dip: was able to get a little deeper on all of these than last time, but the last set was quite difficult
  5. Push-up: these are sort of depressing as I felt like I was on such a great trajectory earlier... very very difficult. To the point where for the latter portions of the last two sets I had to do the remainder of the reps as knee push ups. For whatever reason, I am feeling these very intensely in my shoulders much more than I had previously.
  6. Standing Ovation: Likewise, more in my shoulder than expected... very difficult on the last two sets
  7. DaVinci: extremely difficult after the first set and a half, as always
  8. V-sit: whattyaknow! Actually wasn't half bad... OK, it was half bad in the sense that by the time I was half way through it started getting bad (poor form), but definite improvement
  9. Bicycle: I feel these entirely in my legs... on the tops of my quads. That's it. Nothing in my abs. And my legs are failing in the third and fourth sets, literally dropping to the floor. A very weird exercise.
  10. Tacked on 8MA again... think I may be riddling out the secret to the side crunches. He's definitely not on his side in the torso area, more at the hips. Will have to try that variation out on the next PCP side crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment