Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 43 - Little bit more, little bit more...

Today
There is honestly little better encouragement than that you can give yourself. Seeing the pics of myself from yesterday was a great motivator for the workout today. Energy level was generally good and I'm giving jumps in the morning and the rest of the exercises in the evening a shot to see if I can get the best of both worlds with fat burn and muscle build. Thinking I may try tacking the 8 minute abs to the morning session...


Workout
My shoulders were very achey today though, even before I did the evening exercises. I think it may have impacted the efficacy of some of the chest exercises.

  1. Jumprope: 2 minute sets seemed just about right...
  2. Floorjump: I should have stretched more in the evening as these felt a little tight. Still, I'm not getting the burn or fish flop on the floor I had previously
  3. Lunge: Ditto on these... I did them very slow, clean and deliberate but I would characterize the burn as extremely subtle toward the end
  4. Chest Dip: I can't get as deep into these for the full 4 sets as is pictured. Also, I can't really feel this isolating my chest so I'm just trusting that these are working it... that's not to say they aren't difficult, as they are.
  5. Push-up: Last set was very difficult. Oddly, it feels like its been a long time since doing these and I don't know if I've perhaps lost a little strength here
  6. Standing Ovation: Also quite difficult, but for the first time I was feeling this in my shoulders quite a bit. Still able to get the full motion and sets, but the last one was quite hard.
  7. Shoulder Press: Always a beast, but very slightly less so today. Restricted myself to 12 reps per set in order to get through them all cleanly and then pushed out 15 on the last set. Solid burn through the last 3 sets.
  8. Plank: Rut roh. These appear to be accelerating fast... extremely difficult to maintain all the way through on the last two sets. So so close, but I'm losing it with about 10 seconds to go. A quick knee touch and then back up. I've been adding seconds to hopefully offset, but I'm sure its not ideal.
  9. Side Crunch: I find these hard to isolate. I need to really squeeze my obliques to come close to a burn, but I'm not finding them all that difficult. Hope I'm doing them right.

4 comments:

  1. Fish Flop - I love it. I know that feeling well with floor jumps. I like them though as I really feel like I am doing something.

    I end up hunched over like an woman with osteoporosis and I need to will my knees to bend down before jumping again.

    Hate hate hate lunges. They take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side crunch-not difficult? not feeling the burn? you are doing them incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side crunch form. Do 8MA and copy these guys, if you replicate their motions it all hurts, for 8 minutes, marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the 8MA definitely burns so maybe its the cumulative effect... but for whatever reason it really wasn't in the context of the exercise. I'm sure I am doing something wrong or inadvertently cheating.

    ReplyDelete