Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 51 - You're so veiny, you probably think this blog is about you

Today
Tried to skip making salsa this past week to force a little more variety into the meals... but Kim and I really ended up missing it so I made a big batch this evening. And Kim put some more acorn squash on the grill. So very very delicious.


Broke out with some pimples today... don't know if that is related to the indulgence or not.


Also, took a #6.5 this morning. Was pretty awful.


Workout
Decent energy today and despite an out of home office meeting, was able to stay on track with meals and snacks as I packed food with me. I know we are going for an overall lean and balanced look, but I do sort of wish I could focus more on my chest and building that up... Getting sooooo vain.

  1. Jumprope: Per the usual, one great set of 250+ without trips and the rest with the standard trip ups every 100 to 150 or so.
  2. Chest Dips: I'm pretty sure I am doing these wrong since I feel these mostly in my shoulders. Judging from the photos on the sheet I am possibly keeping my legs too far back... I did follow the earlier instructions to keep my head down, but I'm not sure that was enough to get it right.
  3. Push-ups: Much better than last time, but possibly related to the latter exercise after a while I started feeling these in my shoulders... Last couple of reps of the last set were extremely hard indeed.
  4. Standing Ovation: Tough, but solid burn. Feel like I am getting a lot out of these.
  5. Curls: Tough, but solid burn. Enjoying checking my arms out as I do these... good vein pop!
  6. Outside Curls: Tough, but solid burn
  7. One-arm Curls: Tough, but solid burn... biceps are definitely a strong suit
  8. Leg-ups: Not too bad. Finally starting to feel these in my lower abs.
  9. Planks: Jiminy Christmas... these are so freakin' hard. The last 10 seconds of each set is excruciating.
  10. 8MA with Kim. Still enjoying these.

1 comment:

  1. Another solid entry from the PCPbot! I'm not comfortable on the Chest Dips either.

    ReplyDelete