Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1 - Business Lunch... Figures

Quick intro
Hello fellow PCPers! My brother, Alexander (see his PCP Blog), did this program ending this past December and had truly phenomenal results so it wasn't too difficult for him to convince my fiancee Kim (see her PCP Blog) and I to get signed up. I'm a graphic designer (just wait until I start screwing with the fonts in the blog) working for myself out here in Colorado so my day should logically largely be my own... but as today showed, while that is not always the case, my hope is that I will be able to bookend my schedule with PCP pretty nicely. And having my brother as a fitness role model (seriously, check out those PCP pec pics! OK, that was just an excuse to say "PCP pec pics") I feel really enthusiastic and very hopeful for some awesome results!


Today
Well, it was bound to happen... client calls and needs to do a lunch meeting on the first day of PCP. Murphy's Law meets Patrick's Law? Thankfully, being that this is crunchy healthy Colorado, folks are very understanding and constantly dieting so my sheepish half eaten meal was not a cause for alarm or public humiliation. Actually, I imagine a sheep would have eaten more, but you get the picture. Besides, it was sushi so it was easy to do the math and only eat half. And I can eat the other half for dinner.


Workout
Being a colossal and irredeemable nerd I've loaded my PCP Workout Sheets to Dropbox and synced them to my iPad and iPhone. This way I can always have access to the workouts if I find myself on the road for work or with access to the internet on a computer that isn't mine. Also, I can access them via the TV or computer on the home network if I want to pull them up on a larger screen to reference (so I don't pour sweat on my precious gadgetry while I work out). OK, workout:

  1. Sit-ups: not too bad... definitely straining a bit towards the end. Was able to do max reps for the sets though. Got to be careful with the back trouble history... slowly slowly
  2. Push-ups: again, not too bad. Last set I had to do less though...
  3. Squats: not to shabby... not perfect at the end again but probably the strongest overall exercise
  4. Jump Rope: Oh now I remember. I'm not in shape. First set wasn't too bad, but each progressive set became worse and worse. Until the final two sets which were laughably bad. In fact I would have laughed if I had the breath to do so. I can see these being tough moving forward. As I get tired out, I am also losing a clean 1 skip/1 rotation and sometimes doing one small interstitial skip and one full skip for each rotation so that may be aggravating things somewhat.

So that's it for me and the first day! Hope everyone faired well... and good morning Day 2 folks on the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment