Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14 - Skipping the Life Fantastic

Today
I don't think I will be able to keep up the jump rope and skipping related horrific puns for much longer. Much to the delight of all, I'm sure.


Has anyone else noticed that conversations with your significant others has become focused and reduced down into the rather narrow band of talking about food and working out? Every time Kim and I sit down to eat, and often when we are not, the topics are food and workout technique. I feel like we have become those people that I so frequently rail against out here in Colorado that you can't have a conversation with unless it revolves around their diet or workout. I kind of like it because its the most that I've thought about food for as long as I can remember, but I also hate myself a little bit... Presumably once its more routine and the general lessons have set in I can return to being a bit more well rounded (not physically, of course)... and on that note...


Workout
Little more ache post-jumps this morning so I stretched and slapped the ice pack on for 20 minutes, but again, relative to only three days ago things are so much better. Still inconsistent as can be (don't think I managed a clean 100 today), but weirdly my pace has increased enormously within each set of 100. I presume that at some point I will need to be able to bang these all out without stopping but that still seems a ways away at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Man. Keep talking to us about your skipping as that is why Patrick put us in a group. I'm back from my trip now and am seeing my chiropractor tomorrow and hopefully he will sort my back out. I too have not skipped for a week now and am nervous that I have fallen behind. I just have done other exercises to make up for my skipping and Patrick has guided me through the process. Chill on the skipping for now and be guided by Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True about the conversation, all me and Mini talk about is PCP food and exercise!

    ReplyDelete