Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4 - Puck Luck

Today
Sweet... our group has been designated Puck from Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm blaming one of our members (Pete) for that label! An update from the bard:


Either I mistake your (obese) shape and making quite,
Or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite
Call'd Robin Goodfellow: are not you he
That frights the maidens of the villagery (because you are overweight and out of shape);
Skim milk (better than 2%), and sometimes labour in the quern
And bootless make the breathless housewife churn (too many jump rope reps, perhaps);
And sometime make the drink to bear no barm (as long as it has 0 calories);
Mislead night-wanderers, laughing at their harm?
Those that Hobgoblin call you and sweet Puck,
You do their work(outs), and they shall have good luck (losing weight with PCP)...
Picture of me jumping rope?


So we are the trickster jesters of Oberon. In a completely uninteresting note, I actually played Oberon in a high school production, so this might be a step down. Still, being a fairy in high school, let alone king of the fairies was definitely tough so Puck might be a step up. And a little sprightliness (or spriteliness) in my jump roping wouldn't go amiss.


Workout
So much better today... Stretched for quite bit longer and rolled out my legs with a PVC pipe this morning (loosely defined as we got up at 10:30 am). Possibly helped as, while the gams still feel a bit rubbery post workout, the burning sensation was limited more to the workout than after:

  1. Lunges: not to bad... definitely still burning towards the end
  2. Leg ups: nice. I felt like I must have been getting the form fairly well since I could really feel it in my lower abs especially in the last set
  3. Push ups: that extra set was no cakewalk (mmmmmm... cake walk....), but I can definitely feel it. Had to restrict my motion from going too low in the last set though so I could keep better form.
  4. Jump rope: sooooooo... more skipping and less jumping. Is that cheating? Rather than jumping with both legs at once as I had been doing, using more of a one legged skip definitely made this, even considering the extra reps, a much more palatable, less exhausting workout. The hops are definitely far far more difficult than skipping.
Hope all the PCPer's are enjoying themselves thus far. And a special shout out to all my fellow Pucksters!

No comments:

Post a Comment