Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 19 - Sunday Itchy Sunday

Today
Well, its mosquito season... wondering if my new fruit rich diet has made me a particular target. All that yard work yesterday and no repellant means I am covered with bite marks. So, how does the volume of blood that I lost play into calculations of food weights?


No other bizarre psycho/physical aberrations to report, although I was crashing out in a big way again this afternoon and had to get some more coffee in me. Not the first day this has happened but considering that I am actually getting a minimum of 8 hours sleep for once, its a little surprising. Is it purely related to diet, perhaps?


All of this talk of seeing appreciable changes this week has me both anticipating and dreading the next few days. And we've got to go to Detroit for a wedding at the end of the week. No, seriously. So this will be our first test of being on the diet and travelling. Any road warriors with suggestions on coping skills please feel free to chime in...


Workout
While I'm not yet feeling much different physically or mentally, I know empirically that I am healthier simply from my progress with the jump rope and exercises as metrics. There is no way I would be doing 900 jumps at the start of the program, nor would I be able to do as many pushups or incline pull-ups. 

  1. Jumprope: the big 1k is around the corner, and while it still takes me a few hundred to hit my stride, I am confident that 1000 will be totally doable. Lot of energy this morning so I feel like I could have cracked it today if I was allowed. As implied still not close to perfection (really wish I had a mirror so I could better scrutinize my form... might have to video myself), and the first few hundred are not the cleanest, but by the latter 400 or so hardly any foul ups to speak of.
  2. Incline Pull-up: these are still a bear, but I can actually get them done more cleanly than before. Last set is killer.
  3. Standing Ovation: really really like this one... similar to the rowing technique, slow in and out, good breathing technique, little pinch, flex and hold at the end. Really great burn right through the last two sets.
  4. Outside curl: new! and I only just noticed that Patrick has his legs ever so slightly bent in the pics. Hmmmmm, might need to modify next time. Quite difficult but didn't have any trouble keeping from pulling forward.
  5. DaVinci: still on the light resistance band and this, as always, is a killer. The entirety of the last two sets is brutal.
  6. Sit-ups: good solid burn in the last three sets, but the last set was especially difficult this time.
Not sent from Richard's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment