Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 17 - TGIF PCP

Today
Looks like we judged the food amounts pretty well since we are only just running out today/tomorrow. Perfect timing so we can head out to the farmer's market tomorrow morning. The salsa was such a success although I'm not sure quite how to follow it up for the next week... Thoughts?


Workout
Not too shabby... Felt like I had a fair bit of energy this morning but as usual that didn't seem to help keep me from tripping up plenty. Ce la vie.

  1. Jump rope: per the usual, plenty of tripping... but the 850 count wasn't too tough. Just waiting for the day when I can string more together.
  2. Squats: like these so much better than lunges. I know, starting to sound like a broken record... But really... can get deep, get some burn and you are in and out of them lickity split (relatively speaking).
  3. Incline Pull-ups: I stuck with the incline pull ups as I could barely do two on the door mounted bar, let alone a full set.
  4. Standing Ovation: continue to enjoy these... feel like I am really getting the most of them. Clean, and plenty of burn
  5. Curls: Likewise
  6. DaVinci: sheesh, these are hard. Last few reps might even be past failure...
  7. Sit-ups: As before, first two sets aren't too bad but the second two sets are burning all the way through... Again, have to be careful not to jerk the last few and do in my back.
Being quick and more boring that usual today as its a little later than I normally write, its getting late, and there be chicken to grill! Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

  1. Love your workout breakdowns. Helps me feel like it's not just me ! Ditto the abs are a burnout the last 2 sets. Can only get better hey ?!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not loving skipping either. Today however I broke it up into 50 skips followed by a break of about 20 seconds and then the next 50. It worked for me and eventually tripped at 722 skips which is my new record. sadly tripped 2 more times before I got to 850.Georgie on the other hand skips really fast and before you know it, 850 done!

    ReplyDelete